Filed under Tech
Apple has finally released its third-gen iPad, dubbed the new iPad (Yes, and not iPad HD or iPad 3 as rumours claimed!). And for what it does, it’s definitely a PC killer! Looking pretty similar to iPad 2, the changes are very subtle on the outside – only when it’s powered on, the differences are evident.
Here are the specs in brief:
- 9.7″ HD Retina Display at 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution (at 264 pixels per inch (ppi))
- Dual-core A5X CPU
- 1GB RAM (rumoured!)
- PowerVR SGX543MP4 GPU
- Sizes of 16GB to 64GB (same as iPad 2)
- iOS 5.1
- WiFi and WiFi+4G models
- 9.4mm thick and weighs 652-662g
- 5 megapixel iSight rear camera with 1080p recording (and VGA secondary camera)
- 10 hours of battery with 42.5Wh battery
- AssistiveTouch and other accessibility options (not Siri!)
For more info, visit Apple.com/iPad
I’m totally getting one!
Filed under Tech
Finally, after 2 years reigning the mobile world, the N8 can finally retire. For the time has now come for the Nokia 808 to rule!
Last week at MWC 2012, Nokia brought the PureView teaser to fever pitch with the 41 megapixel camera of the Symbian Belle-running Nokia PureView 808.
The Nokia 808 PureView uses a 41 MP sensor, which captures image data from seven adjacent pixels and condenses it into one, resulting in stills at around 5 MP resolution with amazing detail and low noise levels. The optics are Carl Zeiss and there’s Xenon flash and a LED one acting as a video light.
Technically, the sensor is able to capture 3 MP, 5 MP, 8 MP, 38 MP at 4:3 aspect ratio and 2 MP, 5 MP [Default], 8 MP, 34 MP at 16:9.
Video recording goes as high as FullHD 1080p at 30 fps and there’s also 720p@30fps. Video is H264 encoded and supports stereo sound. The large image sensor allows 4x zoom in 1080p and 6x in 720p.
The Nokia 808 PureView has a single-core 1.3 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM and runs Symbian Belle. The display is a 16:9 4″ AMOLED unit of nHD (640 x 360) resolution covered with curved Gorilla Glass.
There’s NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, USB on the go and 16 GB of onboard storage.
The Nokia 808 PureView should be on the shelves around May 2012.
The specs, in brief:
- 1.3 Ghz ARM11 CPU (with unspecified Broadcom GPU)
- 512 RAM
- 16 GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD card
- 4 inch CBD AMOLED with 640×360 resolution (how sad!)
- Polycarbonate body with Gorilla glass front
- Physical buttons up front
- 41 MP camera (with 1/1.2″ CMOS sensor) and Full HD (1080p) video recording – with PureView technology
- And other usual stuffs on a Nokia