Filed under Entertainment
There are a lot of things that you can tell from a Pixar movie, especially the upcoming movies from the same.
There was so much detail in Cars, in just one screening it is very hard to catch it all. This author from Pixar Planet seems to be a hardcore fan, he compiled a very credible list of what could be deciphered from the movie Cars. Here’s the list:
- # The Pizza Planet truck in the second Piston Cup race at the end of the movie near the camera when the guys talk
- # The For The Birds birds on a powerline in the Life is a Highway Scene
- # Flo has a sticker on her rear end ‘Motorama 1957’. Motorama being Pixar’s own car show. ANd ’57 being John Lasseter’s birth year
- # Photos on the wall in Sally’s Cozy Cone of features on Route 66.
- # The Eiffel Tower picture in Lightning McQueen’s cozy cone a possible reference to Ratatouille?
- # Stanley (The founder of Radiator Springs) is the car from Boundin’.
- # An Apple Racing Car
- # As Mack passes the sleeping trucks just after the ‘Life is a Highway’ scene, you can see the Incredibles symbol on the side of a truck.
- # On a car are the numbers: 23-19, a reference to the code of the Child Detection Agency in Monsters, Inc.
- # The King’s sponser is Dinoco. Dinoco is the name of the gas station in Toy Story.
- # Lightning McQueen has Lightyear Buzzard tires, which are both a parody of Goodyear tires, and a reference to Buzz Lightyear.
- # Lightning McQueen’s number is 95, the year Toy Story was released
- # Chick Hicks number is 86, the year the short Luxo Jr was released
- # The King’s (Strip Weathers) number is 43, is Richard Petty’s (the voice of The King) number from when he was a NASCAR racer.
- # ‘McQueen’ is a tribute to Glenn McQueen, a Pixar animator who died in 2002; and also Steve McQueen, a racing legend turned actor
- # Before the 2nd Piston Cup race, when they are showing that parts of the city closed, one of the signs says ‘City Of Emeryville’, Emeryville being where Pixar is located
- # In the ad for ‘Rust-Eze’ at the beginning of the movie, the rusty car has on his number plate, ‘EVILLE’, being Emeryville, the location of Pixar in San Fran
- # Fillmores license plate number is George Carlin’s, the voice of Fillmore’s, birthday
- # The train that Lightning McQueen jumps in front of, it’s number is A113, a reference to the room at CalArts
- # Maters number plate is A113, again from CalArts
- # At the beginning of the movie You can see the Jackalope from Boundin, he’s hiding on the back of a motor home.
- # Also I saw if you look into the sky you can see the Airplanes exhause trails look like tire tracks.
- # The flowers are made of cars fins and tailgates, and the ceiling fan in the courthouse are actually engine fans
- # When Lightning McQueen dreams of him being sponsered by Dinoco, the big spark plug tripods resemble the tripods from Spielbergs adaption of ‘War of the Worlds’
- # In the teaser trailer for Cars, there is a symbol on one of the tires that says JLP, standing for John Lasseter Production?
- # There is a motor home at the second Piston Cup race that is surround by a pool and flamingos in reference to the Pixar short, Knick Knack.
Cool list eh?