Filed under Tech
Apple has finally released its third-gen iPad, dubbed the new iPad (Yes, and not iPad HD or iPad 3 as rumours claimed!). And for what it does, it’s definitely a PC killer! Looking pretty similar to iPad 2, the changes are very subtle on the outside – only when it’s powered on, the differences are evident.
Here are the specs in brief:
- 9.7″ HD Retina Display at 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution (at 264 pixels per inch (ppi))
- Dual-core A5X CPU
- 1GB RAM (rumoured!)
- PowerVR SGX543MP4 GPU
- Sizes of 16GB to 64GB (same as iPad 2)
- iOS 5.1
- WiFi and WiFi+4G models
- 9.4mm thick and weighs 652-662g
- 5 megapixel iSight rear camera with 1080p recording (and VGA secondary camera)
- 10 hours of battery with 42.5Wh battery
- AssistiveTouch and other accessibility options (not Siri!)
For more info, visit Apple.com/iPad
I’m totally getting one!
Confused with the title?
Created by Svetlana Shokhanova, the Plasticine iPad, also known as Analog iPad 2, is a really cool project that focuses on the analog part of the digital world. Everything doesn’t have to be about the fastest, most genuine technology you can come up with. Instead, the stop motion speed you set out for with your project is what will determine the processor speed of this ultimately cool analog iPad 2.
Filed under Tech
Behold the latest image to emerge online, comparing the iPad 2 against the current iPad! I’m not liking it much, it’s very iPhone 3GS-ish, rounded back like turtle.
Note: The one above isn’t the real iPad 2, but a mock-up provided by Apple to case manufacturers, so it could be a real deal.
Specs wise, here are some info that I managed to gather so far:
- - Next-gen custom chipset, the Apple A8/A5 (based on the dual-core Cortex-A9 architecture)
- Qualcomm chipset that does triple duty as the CDMA / GSM / UMTS baseband processor
- No LTE
- GPU: PowerVR SGX543 – capable of pushing 35 million polygons per second at 200 Mhz and 1 billion pixels per second (and native 1080p encoding and decoding)
- SD Slot
- No separate USB/MicroUSB slot
- Wide-range speaker
- Super High Resolution IPS display (same 9.7″ as the current one) with possible 1280 x 960 or 1400 x 1050 resolution
- Primary & Secondary Cameras (rear and front)