Filed under Tech
Apart from the long-awaited Nokia E7, Nokia World also saw the launch of other Symbian^3 models, the Nokia C7 and Nokia C6-01. Both have similar specs, and fall under the same category (but not class).
The sleek C7 which boasts a 3.5-inch AMOLED display and is a hand-friendly 10.5mm thin. Like the E7 this device also sports an 8-megapixel camera with 8GB of onboard storage (expandable to 40GB with microSD). The Nokia C7 will also shoot HD video in 720p and comes with free global walk and drive navigation and a digital compass. City users will welcome the active noise cancellation for clearer voice calls whilst the battery will keep calls going for up to 9.5 hours (in GSM mode) and stay on standby for an astounding 27 days (3G mode). The Nokia C7 is expected to go on sale before the end of 2010 and will be available in black, metal or brown for an estimated retail price of €335 before taxes and subsidies.
Like its big Cseries brother, the latest Nokia C6 is a compact little number that will also sport an 8-megapixel camera though with a more pocket-friendly 3.2-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. The latter sporting the same Nokia ClearBlack technology as the E7, offering much improved outdoor visibility. Like the C7, this new device will also be a social networker’s dream with live feeds from your favorite social networks available on your home screen. The C6-01 will support microSD up to 32GB and capture HD video in 720p. Users can expect to see up to 17 days standby time and up to 11.5 hours talktime from the C7 battery. Expected to be shipping before the end of 2010, the Nokia C6-01 will be available in silver or black and is estimated to retail at €260 before taxes and subsidies.
Filed under Tech
This is really a bad week for Nokia, since almost all of their impending high-ends are getting leaked. Next up, we might even see the X7, who knows?
What I love about this phone is that, it looks just like the E72!
Now for some important specs:
- Dimensions (width x height x depth): 57 x 117 x 11 millimetres (73.4 cc)
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & WCDMA 2100MHz; GPRS, EDGE, HSPA
- Display: 3.5″ Capacitive screen (AMOLED) with 360 × 640 pixel resolution
- Viewable Display-Size: 1.62″ x 2.88″ (41.18 x 73.21 millimetres)
- Pixel-Pitch: 222 pixel/inch (0.11439 millimetre/pixel)
- Symbian^3 OS
- Removable 1200 mAh Li-Ion Battery
- Camera: 8MP (CMOS) with dual LED (No Carl Zeiss) & 0.3MP secondary camera
- Supports 720p HD video recording at 25fps
- Composite video out
- 8GB internal storage with microSD support (up to 32GB)
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Micro USB, support for USB-out function
- WiFi b/g/n rumoured
- CPU: 680 Mhz ARM11; 256 MB RAM; GPU: PowerVR SGX530 (rumoured!)
- Stereo Speakers, 3.5mm audio out, mono microphone and recording
- Estimated announcement: Sept 2010
- Price: estimated around €300 Euro before subsidies and taxes
On a side note, Eldar has a preview too!
Images from zol.com