This is the first released image of the hybrid Proton Concept Car, designed by the Italdesign Giugiaro studio, and is said to preview a production model, placed below the Savvy.
For now, there is no official name for the car yet, it’s simply called as “Proton Concept Car”. Our beloved ex-PM Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad will be in Geneva to launch the car.
According to Paultan.org, here are the released details so far:
* The concept car will have 5 doors and will seat 4.
* It is 3,550 mm in length, which is approximately a good half a meter longer than the Toyota iQ but shorter than the Proton Savvy.
* The four seats will be independently adjustable and slideable.
* The car will use a series hybrid drive. A combustion engine will be mounted at the front and will be used only to recharge lithium ion batteries.
* The lithium ion batteries will drive the motor that moves the car.
* It uses a special chassis with a raise floor that allows installation of the regular combustion engine at the front and batteries in the rear
* According to Italdesign chairman Giorgetto Giugiaro, the car was designed to offer interior spaciousness of a D-segment car with the exterior dimensions of an A-segment car.
* The hip point is designed to be at just the right natural and ergonomic height – you do not get down into the car like a short sedan or “climb” up into the car like an SUV.
This poster here (ignore the competition), for internal staffs only, reveals a silhouette-like sketch of the upcoming new Proton Sedan, rumoured to replace the outgoing and aging Waja.
And I think, it does look very good. Alas, it’s still too soon to say anything; the final product may just be the opposite. So, let’s just wait a few more weeks for the release!