Filed under Tech
After a long long long wait, finally the two most important Nokia phones for this year are out, the Nokia E6 and Nokia X7!
1. Nokia X7
Specs to come later! Nothing extra-ordinary anyway!
2. Nokia E6
Specs to come later!
There is also a Symbian Anna (Symbian^3 V2.0) video, as below:
More images and info when I have the time!
Well, no wild guesses. It has to be from the famous Mobile Review (piloted by Eldar as many of you’d know).
I’m not going to go over the extremely long review, I’ll leave it for you guys to read. Some parts are controversial, but as you’d all know, the truth always hurts.
Some of the interesting notes from his review :
* Symbian 3 is a decent upgrade for Symbian users
* Increased RAM improves the number of Apps which can be run improvement on previous devices
* Ultimately Symbian 3 is a evolutionary step rather than revolutionary
* Icons and UI are outdated
* Browser didn’t get any significant updates (very disappointing)
* Ultimately Symbian 3 is still catching up to competition (iOS, Android, Bada)
* Significant Updates to Symbian 3 are lacking due to Nokia’s resources being stretched , due to Symbian 4 and Meego being developed alongside (isn’t that a good thing???)
* Ultimately Symbian is inferior to its competition even though Nokia will sell tons of N8?s
Now this one is particularly reviewed by Eldar (again), which of course means there are a lot of points that need some digesting.
* There will be more models of the N8 like N8-01, N8-02, N8-03 (I thought the new numbering system was supposed to be easier!!!)
* There will be a 32 GB version of the N8 and some sort of music service in certain countries (‘Comes with music’) will retail about 425-450 EUR and be announced during Nokia world in september
* There will be a ‘cheap’ version of the N8 WITHOUT a 12 megapixel camera and less memory retail about 230-250 EUR
* There will be a senior version of the N8 with and qwerty keyboard resembling the n97 but there will be camera with less megapixels, but this phone which a render was leaked could also be the first Symbian 4 phone
* He does advice people that want a keyboard that they should wait for the N8 with qwerty keyboard coming soon apparently
* N8 is a replacement for the Nokia 5800 or people who haven’t had experiences with other OS’s (another shot to the Nokia fans)
* AMOLED on the N8 is superior to the Google Nexus One
* Nokia is not able to create screens as good as Apple or Samsung
* The N8 will have ‘Memory full’ problems like N97 due to the low amount of RAM
* Battery management is great and he even praises Nokia engineers for that
* Average usage is 2 days when fully charged
* Fastest Symbian phone to date
* Software not as good as iPhone 3GS let alone the iPhone 4, even BADA phones are faster
* Samsung Wave is the benchmark for the N8
* Nokia N9 offers totally new interface borrowed features from Android (will take that)
* Meego will look comparable to BADA OS and will look like current modern OS ‘s currently on the market like (iOS, Android, WebOS etc) (he’s definitely has seen the N9 and is that’s good news)
* N8 is decent but unremarkable
* Goal of the N8 is to keep sales of phones comparable to competitors
* Excitement will fade after a few months as nokia will offer technologically more advanced devices.
* The N8 is not an all-in-one phone like the Nokia N95 was.
Some of these points are utterly out of the world, so I guess we have to be wise in reading on.
Summary from My Nokia Blog
Nokia N8 Overload: Promo Vids, 12 MP Sample Images, 720p Sample Video, Tear-down & Real-life Images [Updated!]
Some promo vids: