Filed under Tech
These are legal stuffs, so I won’t end up deleting them!
Seriously, the font change makes a world of difference! It’s apparently “Verdana” which looks much more appealing than the standard and outgoing “Nokia Sans”.
Now for the details (with Symbian ^5 and ^6 details too!):
Note that the screenshots are orginally in 640 X 360 (resized here), which means the resolution of Symbian OS might not be changing for the next 2 years.
* Symbian^4 isn’t the limit, there’s Symbian^5 and Symbian^6 too!
* Symbian^4 will be ready for multicore support sometime in 2010
* Symbian^3 has kernel support for multicore
* Multicore will achieve better performance with better battery life!
- Symbian is designed for low power consumption from the ground up and now leading the wave in low power efficiency.
* Symbian^3 is running on dual Cortex A9
- A9 will allow recording of up to 1080p
- High end 3D graphics accelerator to bring PC-like web browsing [If anything like Maemo 5, I'm stoked!]
* Symbian^3 devices (N8/N98/N87?) available from 2010 [H2, i.e. July onwards]
* Dual Core devices will be shipping in 2011
* Symbian^4 devices will be available from 2011 [H1]
* Symbian^5 devices will be available from 2011 [H2]
* Symbian^6 devices will be available from 2012 [H1]
* Incremental evolution, but big step forward in User Experience
- – Minimising unecessary taps! [that's really frustrating in Symbian^1]
- – Enhanced look/feel in transitions/transparency/fades
- – Multitouch support with gestures swipes and pinches
* HDMI output
* HD streaming
* Multiple Homescreens
* Whole new User Experience
* UI will take advantage of next gen graphics
* Application layout will be updated for simpler, streamlined efficient experience [see below]
* Suite of applications themselves will be redesigned
- Messaging will be conversation based
- Calendar integrates email, allowing email responding via calendar UI
* QT becomes standard environment which applications are written on.
- Simplicity of QT
- Power of Symbian