Behold the latest image to emerge online, comparing the iPad 2 against the current iPad! I’m not liking it much, it’s very iPhone 3GS-ish, rounded back like turtle.
Note: The one above isn’t the real iPad 2, but a mock-up provided by Apple to case manufacturers, so it could be a real deal.
Specs wise, here are some info that I managed to gather so far:
- – Next-gen custom chipset, the Apple A8/A5 (based on the dual-core Cortex-A9 architecture)
– Qualcomm chipset that does triple duty as the CDMA / GSM / UMTS baseband processor
– No LTE
– GPU: PowerVR SGX543 – capable of pushing 35 million polygons per second at 200 Mhz and 1 billion pixels per second (and native 1080p encoding and decoding)
– SD Slot
– No separate USB/MicroUSB slot
– Wide-range speaker
– Super High Resolution IPS display (same 9.7″ as the current one) with possible 1280 x 960 or 1400 x 1050 resolution
– Primary & Secondary Cameras (rear and front)